As you embark on the process of cleaning up and taking stock of damage caused by the recent floods in our area and beyond, there are a number of assistance measures outlined below which you may be eligible to receive.
Declared disaster areas
The NSW Government has declared disaster assistance for residents impacted by the east coast storms and floods of the first week of June.
Assistance is now available for the following eight local government areas in the south east region: Bega, Eurobodalla, Kiama, Queanbeyan-Palerang, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wingecarribee and Wollongong.
What does this mean?
Included in this package is:
- Assistance to help eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged, and who meet an assets and income test (see eligibility criteria here).
- Personal hardship and distress assistance.
- Concessional interest rate loans for small business, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations.
- Freight subsidies for primary producers.
- Grants to not-for-profit organisations.
Where do people need to go?
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au